Garmin Fenix 7 vs Epix: A Very Detailed Comparability
Over the previous couple of days there have been countless discussions about deciding between a Fenix 7 Sequence and Epix Sequence unit, so I figured a extra detailed comparability was so as. In my case, I’ve been utilizing the models for nearly two months, and sometimes aspect by aspect. An Epix on one wrist, and a Fenix 7 on the opposite. So I’ve acquired direct comparability knowledge, together with battery burn charts for lengthy 7-hour actions, on how they really deal with the actual world with all of the options enabled.
Now at a excessive degree, undoubtedly, the show is the primary distinction. However that show truly drives fairly just a few different elements which might be much less apparent. Issues like map readability, graphing element, how the unit reacts when in your wrist, and even basic day-to-day visibility. And it’s most likely essential to put aside any perceived notions round ‘fairly show’ models from just a few years in the past. And even from Garmin’s personal line-up. The just-released Venu 2 Plus shares the identical display screen, however doesn’t really feel something like Epix. That’s as a result of Garmin seems to have completed all the pieces attainable to make Epix mirror the Fenix, moderately than method it as a broad mid-tier shopper gadget just like the Venu sequence.
So, with that, this publish is split up into two fundamental components:
A) A fast overview of the Fenix/EPIX fashions
B) A deep-dive into all these nuanced variations between the Fenix & Epix
Now, you may hit Play on the video above, which on this case might be one of the best factor to do, as a result of many of those are display-based, and it’s simpler to see these within the real-world with actual video footage of how the models react and show.
The Mannequin Choices:
For the second, I’m not going to belabor the entire Fenix 7 Sequence fashions on this publish. There are 22 of them in whole, plus different country-specific SKUs. For instance, the UK has a special shade of gray than the remainder of the world on sure fashions. I’m not kidding. It’s a special SKU there. Right here’s the official chart of listings from Garmin, for not less than the US market.
An important factor to know is that every one these models share the identical software program options throughout the board. All of them have music, the identical optical coronary heart price sensor, the identical GPS chipset producer, the identical contactless cost assist, the identical WiFi/Bluetooth/ANT+, and all the identical sport profiles and associated options. Identical. Identical. Identical.
As a substitute, deciding on a mannequin is all about three sorta easy issues:
B) Photo voltaic
C) Sapphire version or not
To recap, on the excessive degree you’ve acquired principally three Fenix 7 Sequence sizes to select from, and a single Epix Sequence dimension:
Fenix 7S – The Smallest: It is a 42mm case with a 1.2” display screen
Fenix 7 – The Center Bear: It is a 47mm case with a 1.3” display screen
Epix – The Solely Bear: That is equivalent to the center Fenix 7 in dimension, at 47mm and 1.3”
Fenix 7X – The Greatest: It is a 51mm case with a 1.4” display screen.
Then, if selecting Fenix 7, you should resolve whether or not or not you need photo voltaic or not. Basically, consider photo voltaic as incremental energy. In the event you exit for a 45-minute stroll within the winter within the solar, it’ll add a comparatively trivial quantity of energy (and nil energy below a coat). Whereas, if you happen to spend a whole day in the summertime within the solar, it’ll add a really substantial quantity of energy. I’ve battery charts in a while exhibiting precisely how a lot. However there isn’t any photo voltaic on Epix.
Fenix 7 Sequence: Photo voltaic provided
Epix Sequence: No photo voltaic provided
Okay, so then we get to the query of ‘Sapphire’ version or not. Within the case of the Fenix 7 Sequence, the ‘Sapphire’ tag kinda replaces the ‘Professional’ tag within the Fenix 6 sequence. There are not any Fenix 7 Professional models. Sapphire is the brand new Professional.
Sapphire on each Epix and Fenix 7 does 4 very particular issues:
A) Will get you Sapphire glass: That is extra sturdy towards scratches, but additionally has barely dimmer visibility. In 2022, I wouldn’t overthink the scratch aspect, the glass they use on the common non-sapphire models could be very sturdy and I hardly ever scratch watches with it, regardless of treating them like crap.
B) Will get you titanium bezel/case: The Sapphire models have a Titanium bezel and case, so that they’re formally swankier trying. Some even have DLC coating too.
C) Will get you Multi-band GPS: That is the brand new dual-frequency GPS, which theoretically is the holy grail of GPS accuracy. In observe, it’s barely higher, however actually solely in very particular difficult conditions (like up towards large cliffs, and generally towards exceptionally tall buildings). It’s not good, and it’s not but the holy grail. Possibly with updates in a yr will probably be. COROS added this to their Vertix 2 final summer season, and I’ve seen slight/incremental enchancment since then. They share the identical chipset as Garmin.
D) Will get you 32GB of storage as a substitute of 16GB: That is primarily for map utilization (or music), nevertheless it additionally will get you pre-loaded maps to your area. Within the case of non-Sapphire models, you merely faucet the ‘Map Supervisor’ inside the watch and select your area (continent). You’ll wait just a few hours for that to sync over WiFi and then you definately’re completed. I element the sizes of the maps in my in-depth assessment, however the brief model is that North America and Europe are about 8-10GB every, so you may’t match each collectively on a 16GB unit. You’d should swap backwards and forwards.
Right here’s a chart that Garmin has that truly explains it approach higher than I may presumably do with MSPAINT:
At this level, I wouldn’t let both the Multi-band or map storage bits be a choice driver individually, nevertheless, they might be collectively. For instance, I usually journey backwards and forwards – so having the maps for each continents is helpful for me. And, since I’m a geekier individual, I’m to see how multi-band GPS will play out over the subsequent yr or two. Thus I’m extra more likely to go for a Sapphire version. I discover zero worth although within the sapphire glass or titanium bezel case.
In fact, you do you; I’m simply supplying you with my considering.
The Key Epix vs Fenix Variations:
Now, I’ve damaged up these into a listing of bulleted sections. As a result of I like compartmentalized sections…and lists. This checklist additionally mirrors the order of the video above (which additionally has chapters). I even went so far as asking Garmin’s product workforce final week for every other trivial variations between them. Additionally observe that whereas the idea for my real-world comparability is Epix Sapphire vs Fenix 7 Photo voltaic Sapphire, that not one of the objects under change when going non-Sapphire, besides that the non-Sapphire visibility is usually a little bit bit higher (much less dim). However I don’t have any non-Sapphire models to match.
1) The Worth: Fenix 7 begins at $699 and goes over $1,000, whereas Epix begins at $899 and goes to $999. So if you happen to evaluate like fashions – Fenix 7 Photo voltaic Sapphire to Epix Sapphire, it’s a span of a $100 distinction ($899 for Fenix 7 Photo voltaic Sapphire to $999 for Epix Sapphire). In the event you evaluate non-Sapphire to non-Sapphire, it’s a $200 distinction between base fashions ($699 for Fenix vs $899 for Epix).
2) The Show Mode Variants: Let’s begin with the straightforward one. The Fenix 7 display screen is legit always-on on a regular basis. Twenty-four hours a day, it doesn’t matter what you or the watch are doing, it’s on. Although, it does have a sleep-mode in order for you it. It additionally has a backlight, which is configurable in steps of 5% increments from 0 to 100%, relying on whether or not you’re in sleep or common mode.
Then there’s the Epix. At its base/default configuration it has two core modes:
A) At all times-on EPIX: On this config, so long as there’s some (even tiny, like typing) motion, the display screen stays on. In the event you flip your wrist in the direction of you, it brightens the show, nevertheless it’s often completely readable with out the added brightness. In the event you depart it on a desk for 60-seconds unattended, it’ll flip off the show. Equally, if you happen to’re sitting completely nonetheless studying a ebook, the show could flip off relying on how nonetheless you might be. I’m apparently not a really nonetheless individual, as this nearly by no means goes off for me – as a substitute it simply goes backwards and forwards between dim-but-easilyviewable mode, and shiny mode. In any case, on this always-on mode, the watch lasts 6 days in smartwatch mode. I can verify that over the previous month+, this quantity could be very legitimate and matches my real-world utilization with ~1hr of exercises every day on common (GPS or indoors) utilizing a default watch face.
B) Gesture-based EPIX: On this mode, the show turns off once you’re not actively it. As you increase your wrist, it activates. It’s worthwhile noting although you may set this otherwise for exercise vs basic utilization. So in exercise mode you may say always-on, however the remainder of the day gesture-based. Within the general gesture-based mode, it will get 16 days of smartwatch battery life.
Observe that within the case of Epix, it presumes the show goes to sleep every evening. The default is 10PM to 6AM, however you may change the timing and conduct inside the Sleep Mode settings although. I clarify this extra within the ‘dimming’ part under.
3) Show Know-how: Subsequent, the biggie, the show itself. You’ve acquired that AMOLED show which is 65,000 colours, as a substitute of the Fenix 7 sequence 64-colors and transflective MIPS display screen. The AMOLED show is similar because the Venu 2 sequence, which has been acquired nicely. The dimensions of each screens are equivalent, listed as 1.3”, and the inner viewable dimension of each screens can be equivalent (the photo voltaic ring is ‘outdoors’ of that viewable space).
In all probability the best approach of illustrating this huge colour distinction is an easy watch face I created utilizing the Join IQ app. These are with the backlights enabled at default settings upon wrist increase. In fact, it’s additionally arduous to make out the readability in a photograph of a photograph.
Now as an fascinating apart, if you happen to do create a customized watch-face, it should seemingly go into gesture-mode (as was the case above). Garmin does have specs for created AMOLED-series always-on watch faces, however the inventory ‘Face It’ characteristic to make your individual faces doesn’t make always-on faces – so these power me into gesture mode on the Epix, whereas on the Fenix it’s there your complete time. We’ll speak about burn-in in a second.
4) Decision: Subsequent, we’ve acquired the decision of the show, which is what number of pixels it has. Primarily, the extra the higher. With extra pixels you may present extra element. The Epix display screen is 416x416px, whereas the Fenix 7 display screen is 260x260px (Fenix 7s is 240x240px, and 7X is 280x280px). Nevertheless, for the reason that bodily dimension of the display screen is similar, this ends in extra pixels per inch (PPI – keep in mind that from printing days?). Within the case of the Fenix sequence, it’s 200ppi, whereas the Epix sequence is 326ppi – so dramatically greater. Now, by itself, this isn’t tremendous apparent in fundamental working fields. The place it’s extra essential is charts, knowledge graphs, maps, and something the place element is required So, let’s take a look at that.
5) Map Element & Visibility: One of many best examples of that is merely in mapping. Whereas each models use the *EXACT SAME MAPS*, the Epix shows particulars higher, at the next zoom degree. That is proven in numerous eventualities, however in my video above I stroll by a really particular one which I’ve display screen captured under. Each of those models are exhibiting the very same spot at the very same zoom degree (300m), and each of them are set to defaults for display screen brightness with a recognition routing map proven. Discover how the Fenix 7 (left) is lacking quite a few trails that the Epix (proper) exhibits. For instance, that path that cuts alongside the highest of the display screen. Or the added mountain symbols. Or your complete choice of trails chopping throughout the middle-bottom of the display screen. Or the names of the mountains. None of that element could be proven (but) on the Fenix as a result of it doesn’t have the decision to tug it off. As a substitute, you don’t see that element until you zoom additional down. Wherein case once more, the Epix exhibits different particulars that Fenix lacks till you zoom down but once more. It’s a unending cycle.
That is extra than simply maps although. You see it in golf programs for instance, in addition to even ski resort/ski path maps. Plus in fact simply readability in issues just like the charts too.
6) Brightness: Subsequent, is brightness, the AMOLED is by far brighter in my expertise in each state of affairs – together with in direct solar. Not less than with the 2 Sapphire editions I’ve. In shiny sunny solar on prime of a volcano amidst desert-like lava fields, the AMOLED show is tremendous shiny and simple to learn. And the identical is true in a jungle below dense tree cowl. Whereas the Fenix 7 sequence is definitely simple to learn in direct solar, it’s the much less shiny eventualities that the Epix actually shines – with out having to make the most of the backlight – or change the backlight settings. By default the Fenix 7 sequence makes use of a 20% backlight possibility, which in fact you may enhance to get it brighter. However as you may see right here, it’s probably not even shut (Epix left, Fenix 7 proper):
Right here’s one other:
some direct solar eventualities, right here’s my wrist in direct solar on an island in summer-like climate, and the Epix is definitely learn:
Level being, I wouldn’t be involved about brightness with Epix. Whereas, not less than with the marginally dimmer Sapphire version of the Fenix 7, there are instances the place it’s not as seen, particularly in early night or darker situations, the place the Epix actually shines.
7) Dimming: Now let’s go the wrong way – how seen is it once you need it to be darkish? In that case, each models even have sleep mode choices. For Epix it’ll be enabled by default, and also you’ll configure your sleep time, after which it goes right into a do-not-disturb sleep mode with a simplified watch face. On this mode the watch show is off, and to see the show, you’ll simply press a button. Merely touching/taping it received’t change something.
The Epix truly has a decrease dimness setting for sleep mode than common mode. Thus it received’t blind you at evening. I’ve had no points with the Epix show dimness ranges at evening (a priority from another AMOLED models prior to now). Right here’s the Epix in sleep mode, as soon as a button is pressed (I present the Fenix in sleep mode within the video too, in addition to the right way to configure it).
Whereas for the Fenix 7 sequence, at evening the show remains to be ‘on’, although no backlight except you specify it. One factor to bear in mind is that in a darkish room at evening (like a bed room), you received’t have the ability to see the time both except you press a button. So principally for the middle-of-the-night state of affairs, a button press is required regardless of the watch. And you need to use gesture backlight for each watches too (which is by default off in sleep mode).
Oh, and quirky geek apart. The Epix and Fenix even have two totally different management ranges for brightness. Throughout regular daytime utilization, the Epix show brightness has three choices. However at evening in sleep mode it turns into 4 choices. Equally, the Fenix 7 usually adjusts backlight brightness in 10% blocks, with 20% being the default. Whereas in sleep mode it’s 5% blocks with 5% being the default.
8) Battery Issues: So inside the battery camp we’ve principally acquired two core eventualities to think about: Each day smartwatch put on, and exercise GPS instances. Let’s begin with a easy chart from Garmin, which outlines the claimed battery ranges for every mannequin:
Now, in my testing I primarily targeted on the Epix Sapphire & Fenix 7 Photo voltaic Sapphire, and in an always-on configuration. With out query, I’ve been hitting that 6-day always-on declare close to completely, utilizing the default settings and inclusive of ~1hr of exercise time per day (mix of GPS and indoor exercises). Some days extra exercise time, some days much less. However a protected common of an hour a day right here in December. When it comes to the Fenix 7, that too appears to development in the direction of its battery claims for watch mode, however truthfully given they’re so excessive, it’s arduous to guage exactly.
So what about exercise modes? Effectively, let’s go large! Listed here are two exercises, utilizing the watches successfully aspect by aspect with ‘all of the issues’ enabled. I’ve acquired the Epix Sapphire on my left wrist, and the Fenix 7 Photo voltaic Sapphire on my proper wrist. For this primary one, a 7hr 15min trip, I’ve acquired always-on show enabled, multi-band satellites enabled, optical coronary heart price enabled, course/route following/navigation loaded and enabled, ClimbPro enabled, an ANT+ energy meter linked, Bluetooth connectivity to my cellphone enabled with LiveTrack enabled. In different phrases, actually all the pieces is turned on on the highest attainable settings to burn as a lot battery as attainable. Right here’s the Epix at the beginning (sorry, the photograph isn’t tremendous crispy because it’s a screenshot from a video I took).
The trip began within the solar, then went into the forests for just a few hours of climbing, after which above the tree-line for just a few hours of lava fields, earlier than descending again down into the forests and out of the solar. For the Epix, it began at 92% and ended at 59% (a 32% lower), the projected battery capability then based mostly on this trip was 21.72hrs. Whereas the Fenix 7 Sapphire Photo voltaic went from 98% to 77% (a 21% lower), with a projected battery period of 34.12hrs.
You’ll discover that in each instances, these estimated battery calculations are literally *ABOVE* the Garmin claims for multi-band GPS. And Garmin’s battery claims don’t even assume the battery-draining course navigation both. That means, I may simply considerably enhance my estimated capability additional by not turning on all of the options.
If we swap to a 5-hour lengthy jungle hike with the very same setup, besides minus the solar (overcast situations and below dense tree cowl for fairly a little bit of it). You’ll see once more very sturdy numbers – estimated 18.91 hours capability for Epix versus 20.83hrs for the Fenix 7 Photo voltaic Sapphire. The denser bushes would have seemingly brought about the unit to extend energy to the GPS to try to enhance sign reception, and the Fenix 7 Photo voltaic would have had much less solar energy right here on account of lack of solar from clouds and bushes. However once more, keep in mind – EVERYTHING was turned on right here in a worst-case state of affairs.
Now, why may my battery instances be higher within the lengthy trip than Garmin’s official estimates? Effectively, seemingly as a result of these estimates have been completed months in the past. They haven’t modified since, regardless of Garmin’s firmware and effectivity getting higher and higher. And in reality, if I take a look at lengthy rides within the solar on comparable islands from early December, the battery capability was extra akin to Garmin’s official claims (decrease). In different phrases, I believe they’re truly fairly conservative at this level, and it wouldn’t shock me to see these battery claims ultimately adjusted upwards.
(Professional Tip: You’ll be able to create your individual battery charts utilizing the DCR Analyzer. This may correctly show battery durations for units from Garmin, Wahoo, Phases, and Hammerhead. COROS is aiming so as to add assist this spring. Inversely, observe that Garmin’s Vivoactive & Venu sequence models don’t write this data to the .FIT information.)
9) Flashlight: The Fenix 7X has a flashlight on it (the opposite Fenix 7 models don’t), this flashlight can be utilized in a wide range of eventualities together with merely discovering your approach round your property in the dead of night at evening, to illuminating a path forward of you whilst you run, to an impromptu bike gentle. The 7X flashlight is comprised of two white LEDs, and one crimson LED. The brightness degree is roughly within the ballpark of my iPhone 13 Professional, possibly a smidge much less. It’s greater than sufficient to blind anybody in the identical darkish room although. Lastly, it additionally has a running-cadence pushed flashlight that may match your working cadence and flash white and crimson lights both forwards or backwards based mostly in your arm swing. In observe, I didn’t discover this works tremendous exactly, nevertheless it nonetheless manages to let folks know that you simply’re there/seen – so I’m undecided it’s an enormous deal that it’s not completely timed. General although, the Fenix 7X flashlight is superior and tremendous helpful, let’s be clear about that.
The Epix sequence doesn’t (very sadly) have a devoted flashlight, however does have a flashlight mode. Similar to with the Fenix 7X you may merely double-tap the higher left button, which works to a flashlight consumer interface with a number of ranges of white gentle in addition to crimson gentle. It’s not perfect for lighting up a path, however is loads shiny to gentle up a bed room at evening, or blind your important different mendacity in mattress. Like with the 7X, the red-light possibility is much less harsh and truthfully a greater late-night possibility. I present how this works within the video up above.
Observe that the opposite Fenix 7 models do have this identical characteristic as nicely, although, it’s not almost as shiny because the Epix display screen – just because the backlight of the AMOLED is basically a lighthouse in comparison with the Fenix 7’s backlight being a small candle. Nonetheless, I’ve additionally used the Fenix 7 flashlight nonetheless to search out issues in the dead of night. So it does work in a pinch too.
10) Accuracy (GPS & HR): This one is straightforward – they’re nearly equivalent. Now, I’ve completed much more element on this in my in-depth evaluations on each, however in nearly each state of affairs, they acted nearly equivalent (each good and dangerous). And that is smart, they’ve acquired the very same optical HR sensor, the very same GPS chipset, and the very same dimension and case supplies. Now, it’s possible you’ll (and possibly will) see optical coronary heart price variations between the totally different sized Fenix 7 fashions as, sometimes talking, heavier fashions can introduce extra bounce, which degrades accuracy. Although satirically, in my testing, the Fenix 7X truly dealt with completely in even arduous and cold-weather interval runs. However I’ve much less 7X HR knowledge than I do 7/Epix direct comparability knowledge. That is additionally true for barometric altimeter accuracy, the place they have been in absolute lockstep on all my check actions.
The purpose being that the 2 models seem equivalent on this space (each good and dangerous).
11) Pixel Burn-In Potential: Pixel show burn-in can happen in AMOLED/OLED (and different forms of) screens when shiny photos are left on for an prolonged time period with out change. For instance, a really bright-white watch face with sharp traces. Firms (each watchmakers and cellphone/pill/TV/and many others makers) mitigate this by a wide range of strategies. For instance in Garmin’s Venu & Epix sequence, they do what’s referred to as pixel-shifting, which barely strikes a picture a pixel or two in a special course often to show off/on pixels. Usually talking, this isn’t apparent/viewable to your eye. Whereas the Fenix sequence has no points with burn-in.
When it comes to potential for pixel burn-in on the Epix watch, I think we’re in a much better place than Garmin was with the unique Venu (which makes use of a special show and a handful of individuals have seen burn-in points). I don’t imagine I’ve seen any stories on the Venu 2 sequence for burn-in, which is similar display screen as Epix. Although, it’s additionally solely about 8-9 months outdated. We’ve seen Garmin since introduce particular pointers round Join IQ watch faces to be enabled in always-on mode, plus there are features just like the sleep mode, dimming, and powering off after 60-seconds of non-movement. All of that are designed to considerably cut back the possibilities of burn-in. I’m personally not fearful about it in regular utilization in 2022 given the measures which were taken and the teachings realized Garmin has with different models, however in the end solely time will inform.
12) Weight: This clearly varies significantly by which mannequin you select (size-wise, supplies, and many others…). Nevertheless, if evaluating the 2 Sapphire models to one another, there’s solely 3g in distinction between them. I measured the Fenix 7 Photo voltaic Sapphire and it was 74g, whereas the Epix Sapphire was 71g. I think most of us would think about that principally a wash for sensible functions.
13) Join IQ Assist Ranges: Each Epix & Fenix 7 assist the identical Join IQ System Stage (System 5), nevertheless, Epix helps a better subset of options inside it, on account of its greater decision show. That means that third get together apps can develop extra vibrant/detailed/wealthy apps on Epix that may not be out there down the street on non-AMOLED screens. Whereas I’m certain there are some examples at the moment (of us are welcome to drop them under within the feedback), I’m not conscious of any big-ticket ones. When it comes to efficiency, I measured each watches utilizing the Join IQ Benchmarking device, and the scores have been very comparable. The Fenix 7 Photo voltaic Sapphire: CPU 9.4 / 58.8 Pips, and Epix Sapphire: CPU 9.4 / 62.5 Pips – each on Join IQ 4.0.6 (software program 7.20). This matches my real-world expertise which exhibits that each models act nearly equivalent aspect by aspect when it comes to altering pages, show knowledge, map actions, and many others…
14) The Random Additional Checklist: It is a checklist of additional issues that didn’t make the primary checklist above. I’ll additionally add issues to this over time:
A) White on black textual content: For Epix, you might have white lettering on black textual content for sport profiles. Whereas for Fenix it’s black lettering on white textual content. Usually, I dislike white on black – partially as a result of it’s a ache within the butt to take photographs of, and partially as a result of I often discover black on white simpler to see. Nevertheless, on this case (in addition to the Apple Watch, Venu sequence, Samsung Galaxy sequence, and some others), the white lettering is straightforward and crisp sufficient to see that I’ve acquired no complaints in any respect right here.
B) The Epix can show extra knowledge fields per web page: On the Fenix 7 (center unit), you may show 6 knowledge fields per web page, however the Epix can show 8 knowledge fields per web page.
C) You see, I don’t but have a C: However ultimately I’ll.
Okay, that’s all I’ve acquired for now!
Okay, hopefully this solutions some questions when making an attempt to decide on. Clearly, there are lots of choices, however I believe most likely the largest issue you’ll need to merely think about is battery life eventualities and the way you utilize your models.
For me, I’ve acquired nearly no motive to do a 30hrs+ lengthy GPS journey. It’s simply not my cup of tea. And within the unlikely occasion I did discover myself in such a state of affairs (like wanting to trace a extremely lengthy journey), I may use a charging puck with a battery pack to maintain it topped up (you may cost whereas utilizing). Additional, I don’t thoughts coping with charging roughly as soon as per week for my typical exercise utilization. In all probability a bit extra usually after I do longer exercises throughout per week (spring/summer season).
So for my use instances, I’m within the Epix camp. I believe the show is superior, and provides simply so a lot better visibility and readability than Fenix 7 does. Nevertheless, the draw back for me is that I sometimes desire a smaller/lighter watch, reminiscent of one thing within the Forerunner 745 vary (my regular go-to). Whereas I rapidly get used to sporting the bigger watches, it’s not my consolation meals. Equally, a lot of you want bigger watches just like the 7X sequence ones, and so there’s no possibility there both.
I believe it’ll be actually fascinating to see what Garmin does with the Fenix & Epix manufacturers over the subsequent 2-5 years. Actually, if we glance to a Fenix 8 or Fenix 9 sequence with continued battery optimization, there most likely received’t be a MIPS show possibility anymore – it’ll be all AMOLED (or comparable). My guess is that Enduro turns into that model/platform for MIPS, for the dwindling phase of the inhabitants that needs or wants that form of display screen. The query is, with Fenix being probably the most precious model – the place does the Epix model go. Issues I’ve contemplated…
With that – I’ll allow you to get again to pondering your decisions. Be at liberty to drop any questions under, and I’ll try to assist out – or, numerous others in the neighborhood can too! Extra opinions is at all times good right here.
Thanks for studying!
Discovered This Publish Helpful? Assist The Web site!
On the finish of the day, I’m an athlete identical to you in search of probably the most element attainable on a brand new buy. These posts usually take lots of time to place collectively, so if you happen to’re looking for the Garmin Fenix 7 Photo voltaic Sapphire or Garmin Epix Sapphire Black Titanium (Gen 2) or every other accent objects, please think about using the affiliate hyperlinks under! As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases. It doesn’t value you something additional, however your purchases assist assist this web site lots. Much more, if you happen to use Backcountry.com or Aggressive Bicycle owner with coupon code DCRAINMAKER, first time customers save 15% on relevant merchandise!
And naturally – you may at all times sign-up to be a DCR Supporter! That will get you an ad-free DCR, entry to the DCR Quarantine Nook video sequence full of behind the scenes tidbits…and it additionally makes you superior. And being superior is what it’s all about!